Assessment Tests at Lifecare
Obtain the scientific evaluation of your dear one’s learning, attention emotional levels. Let them free from deficiencies, and enjoy the happiness together!
When Should You take Assessment Tests?
The assessment tests are done to collect information to identify and evaluate your dear one’s deficiency, plan for treatment and to help in diagnosing. The assessment is done prior to counselling. Assessment tests are designed to peer deep into the problems.
The Assessment Tests Available at Lifecare
- Intelligence Quotient (IQ) Test
- Learning Disability (LD) Test
- Autism assessments
- Personality assessments
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) Test
Intelligence Quotient (IQ) Test
Intelligence is a general term referring to the ability to learn and to social demand. The IQ score often represents a measure of the child’s overall potential. An IQ score is typically used as a baseline for all psychological assessments. Based on the child’s IQ score, The child’s overall intellectual functioning can be evaluated. You must check your child’s IQ under the following circumstances.
- Poor performance in studies
- Excessively distractive or hyperactive
- Immature behaviour up to their age
Learning Disability (LD) Test
Some children have an average or above average intelligence but they find some difficulties in reading, writing or to perform mathematical operations. These difficulties might be a result of Learning Disability. At Lifecare, you can feel the difference through the expert and personalised approach to each child. Your child must take an LD test under the following circumstances.
- Poor reading and writing skills
- Difficulty to perform mathematical operations
- Attention problems
- School anxiety
- Difficulty to complete homework independently
- Organizational difficulties
Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder , usually diagnosed by the child’s behaviour and development. Autism can be detected at 18 months or younger, but by the age two the test is more reliable. Your child must take an autism assessment under the following circumstances.
- Shortage in social communication and interaction
- Restricted and repetitive speech
- Motor type movement or use of objects
- Difficulty to manage emotions
Personality assessment, is used to understand about the characteristic traits, attitudes, beliefs, values, needs, motives, emotional states, coping styles, or aspirations of an adult. A personality scale shows a specific level of personality, relative to others. For example, a personality test containing a single anxiety scale would indicate whether you are more anxious, normal level, or less anxious than people in general. An individual must take a personality test when you feel,
- You are not actively engaging with other people
- Not pleasant and cooperative to others
- Losing self-control
- Frequently experiencing intense negative emotions
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) Test
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain disorder commonly noticed by inattention , hyperactivity or impulsivity . Some people with ADHD only have problems with one of these deficiencies, but some others have both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity. Most children have the combined type of ADHD. In preschool, the most common ADHD symptom is hyperactivity.
But a person with ADD shows enough symptoms of inattention, but the symptom of hyperactivity is absent. Indeed, people with ADD can be calm and serene. It is advisable to take an ADHD or ADD test, under the following symptoms.
- Unfocused motor activity and impulsivity(only for ADHD)
- Make careless mistakes in schoolwork or at work
- Not seem to listen when spoken to directly
- Have trouble waiting their turn
- Interrupt in conversations, games, or activities
- Talk nonstop
Benefits You Get By taking Assessment Tests at Lifecare
People seek counselling for a wide variety of reasons. If you have suffered from any kind of self-defeating disputes in life as listed below and struggles to overcome, you may benefit from an Individual Counselling.
- The tests are conducted by RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India) registered clinical psychologists
- Before taking the test, your counsellor let you understand clearly the intended purpose of a test
- You can take the test personally, not in a group
- At the end of the evaluation, we handover the test report that contains a summary of assessment results, diagnostic information and list of recommendations.
- Give you professional advice on how to cope with the deficient person/child
- Keep the details highly confidential
Diagnostic approach at Lifecare:
Children with such problems are provided with special attention enhancing intervention by our specialized educational psychologist. In case of adults, specialized clinical psychologists handle the problems empathetically.